© The Somerset Small Bore Shooting Association : 2012-
To enter by post or email please download a printable entry form.
Please print the form and either post it, or scan and email it, to the address on the form.
Your entry fee can be paid in advance by cheque or can be paid on arrival at the range.
If you submit an entry and are subsequently unable to attend, please advise us as soon as possible and in any case at least 2 days prior to the shoot.
To enter on-line please click here.
Your entry fee will be payable on arrival at the range. If you submit an on-line entry and are subsequently unable to attend,
please advise us as soon as possible and in any case at least 2 days prior to the shoot.
CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES IS SATURDAY 15th SEPTEMBER 2018 - Late entries may be accepted if spaces are available
Squadding notices will be sent to you by email unless you request a printed copy, in which case please send an s.a.e.
Results will be posted on the SSBSA website.
MAJOR HUTCHINSON MEMORIAL SHOOT - RULES & INFORMATION
The following is a summary of the Rules and Information for this competition. The downloadable version that includes an entry form (see above) is the latest available and takes precedence over this online version
The range of the Long Ashton & District Association of Small-bore Rifle Clubs at Flax Bourton, Bristol
Double Dewar - 40 shots at 50m & 40 shots at 100 yards - shot in four classes. All class winners will automatically shoot in the next higher class the following year.
SQUADDING NUMBERS & TIMES
All Class winners will automatically shoot in the next higher class the following year.
The match will be shot over 4 details each of 30 minutes. 20 minutes for unlimited sighters and 20 shots to count. A 10-minute period will be allowed between details for change of targets except that a 30-minute period will be allowed between the 2nd and 3rd details of each squad to allow competitors sufficient time to move between the 50m and 100yd ranges.
PRIZES & PRESENTATION
The Trophies will be presented at the range at the close of the meeting.
Prizes will be awarded to the leading competitors in each class along with The Astor Cup Team of Six (Somerset Only) and Junior Competitor (aged 19 or under on the day of the shoot). The Trophies are confined to Somerset shooters. The prizes are open to all.
1. N.S.R.A. rules and regulations will apply except for ties. These will be decided on the last 100-yard card working backward, the bottom diagram being considered as the last card. In the event that scores remain tied, the 50m cards will be taken into account working back from the bottom pair of diagrams on the second card. The range committee will settle any disputes and their decision will be final.
2. Recorded Scores. It is the responsibility of the competitor to ensure their scores are correctly recorded on the exhibited lists. A score may be challenged on a deposit of £5.00 that will be returned if the challenge is upheld. The Association will not enter into any correspondence regarding missing or disputed scores after the close of the meeting.
3. The procedure for dealing with disciplinary matters is fully documented within the SSBSA Rifle & Airgun Competition Rules, a copy of which is available upon request.
4. Averages should be calculated from the best 5 of the last 6 officially scored cards. Competitors will be allocated to each class in accordance with averages submitted, except for previous year’s winners who will be allocated a higher class.
5. The Range Committee reserves the right to reclassify any competitor whose declared average appears to be incorrect.
6. All competitors must sign the range register and visitors must sign the competition clubroom register available on the day.
7. All targets and backing cards, marked with your competitor number, will be found at the rear of the firing points ten minutes before your squadding time. Bulldog clips are required.
8. Shot targets are to be handed to the Range Officer at the end of each detail.
9. Breech flags must be used when rifles are not in use, uncovered with the bolt or action in place.
10. Competitors are requested to remove their equipment from the firing point at the end of their final detail before collecting their targets.
11. Every competitor whose entry is accepted will be squadded at his or her chosen time whenever possible. Should the chosen squad be filled the competitor will be offered whatever detail is available. In the event of a competitor being unable to attend, the meeting organizer should be promptly informed giving at least 2 days notice whenever possible.
FIRING POINTS are all covered.
AMMUNITION will not be on sale.
REFRESHMENTS. A selection of snacks along with tea, coffee and squash will be available for purchase in the clubroom.
SMOKING. Long Ashton Range & Clubroom are non-smoking areas.
SECURITY. The Association will not accept responsibility for articles owned by competitors or others at the meeting that may be damaged, lost or stolen from the Range or its surroundings. Rifles and other equipment should be locked securely and out of sight in your vehicle when not competing.
CAR PARKING is available on site. Vehicles are parked at their owner’s risk and the Association will not accept responsibility for loss, damage or theft of or from vehicles parked at the Range or its surroundings.
DATA PROTECTION. By entering this competition you are giving consent for the Somerset Small-Bore Shooting Association to keep and use information about you. This information will be held on a computer. Your details may be retained for a period of five years after the competition. Results will be retained indefinitely for the purposes of future SSBSA reference and maintaining historical records and as such may be distributed to interested parties. Results and scores showing competitors initials and surnames only, plus club names where appropriate, will be published on the SSBSA website.
DIRECTIONS. The Long Ashton & District Rifle Range is located at Flax Bourton, North Somerset. Situated on the B3130, it is a quarter of a mile north of the A370 Junction. At the double roundabout bear left at the first roundabout and then turn immediately right before the second roundabout. Then up the lane ahead of you through the set of green gates. For your satnav, the nearest postcode to the Range is BS48 1NL.
The Major Hutchinson Memorial Shoot -23rd September 2018